Statement on Qualifications Assessment
- An applicant would be considered eligible for appointment to a government post, or the Government would accept his/her qualifications for appointment to a government post, only if the Government is satisfied that his/her qualifications can be regarded as meeting the qualification requirements prescribed for that post.
- The Government conducts assessment on the qualifications of applicants for government posts solely for its own use as an employer. The assessment is conducted for the following purposes only -
(a)to determine whether the qualifications held by an applicant can be accepted for appointment to a government post;(b)to consider appointment to government posts; and(c)other matters related to (a) and (b) above.
- Any such assessment, the result of the assessment, the acceptance of the qualifications for appointment, and any appointment made pursuant thereto -
(a)is not a recognition or accreditation, whether generally or specifically, by the Government of any particular qualification, course, programme or institution for any purposes;(b)is not a blanket acceptance by the Government of any qualification, course, programme or institution for any purposes;(c)shall not be taken as the Government's acceptance of any particular qualification, other than for the purpose of making the relevant appointment.
- The Government may assess the qualifications held by an applicant each time when he/she applies for a government post, irrespective of whether the applicant has made any prior application for the same government post or has made any application for other government posts at any time. Such assessment, if made, is carried out when the Government processes the relevant application.
- Each application is assessed on its own merits. The Government assesses an applicant's qualifications on the basis of the qualification requirements and assessment standards and criteria prevailing at the time of assessment, having regard to any information and advice as may be made available or provided by educational institutions, academic accreditation authorities or other relevant authorities or organisations at that time. Where applicable, when conducting assessment for qualifications, the Government may make reference to similar assessments it conducted in recent years. Applicants holding qualifications which have been assessed and accepted as meeting a specific qualification requirement for appointment purpose in recent years may be generally accepted as meeting the same qualification requirement.
- The result of an assessment of an applicant's qualifications is valid only in respect of the specific circumstances pertaining to the qualifications under assessment. The Government may re-assess an applicant's qualifications to take into account any changes in circumstances.
- Notwithstanding paragraph 5 above, the result of an assessment of an applicant's qualifications shall not affect or prejudice the Government's right to make changes to the qualification requirements and assessment standard and criteria for the same government post in future or for any government posts.
- Information and advice provided by educational or professional institutions, academic accreditation authorities or other relevant authorities or organisations to the Government may change over time in light of latest development and information available. This may affect the Government's assessment of an applicant's qualifications in respect of the same government post in future or for any other government posts.
- The Government's assessment of an applicant's qualifications and all information and advice received or possessed by the Government in relation thereto is for the Government's own internal use only. The conduct and result of the assessment and all information and advice aforesaid, and the Government's acceptance of an applicant's qualifications for appointment to a government post, shall not -
(a)be used for any other purpose, including any commercial or promotional purpose; or(b)be disclosed, released or produced, in whole or in part, by whatever means (including electronic means) by any person except with the prior written consent of the Government.