Skip to content Skip to popular pages Skip to navigation
Civil Service Bureau The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Brand Hong Kong - Asia world city
Default Font SizeALarger Font SizeALargest Font SizeA
SearchSubmit Search querySite mapContact us


Mobile / Accessible VersionPrinter View
Home > Retirees' Corner >> Seeking employment after retirement

Seeking Employment after Retirement

A job outside the Civil Service after retirement can provide a focus for activity as well as a source of additional income.

The Employment Services Division of the Labour Department provides free employment services at its job centres. A counter has been set up at each job centre to provide service specifically to job-seekers of 50 years old or above.

Retirees who are interested in using this service can contact the nearest office of the Labour Department. Enquiries can be made to the Labour Department's Hotline at 2591 1318 or by email: Besides, you may also browse the Labour Department's Interactive Employment Service for relevant information.

Directorate civil servants (irrespective of their terms of appointment) and non-directorate civil servants who retire on pensionable terms are required to seek prior permission before taking up outside work during their final leave and/or within a specified period after they have left the Government. For details, please see the Post-service Outside Work section of the Administration of the Civil Service.

Back Previous Next Back to Top


2012 © Important Notices | Privacy Policy Last Revision Date : 22 December 2021