Issue of Tool Kit "A Practical Guide on Safety Management System"
A safety management system is the sum of the organisational structure, responsibilities, procedures, processes and resources to ensure that all work is performed safely, that desired levels of safety are maintained, and that safety programme objectives are met.
To encourage and to facilitate Government departments to set up their own safety management systems, the Civil Service Bureau launched "A Practical Guide on Safety Management System" in July 1999. The kit provided various guidelines and tools, including:
(Click on the text or the icon to see the details)
- A video-tape on the movie namely "開工大吉" (Chinese only) produced by CSB to introduce the Safety Management System;
- A VCD consisting of the movie "開工大吉'"and another film namely "'風生水起" (Chinese only) produced by the Occupational Safety and Health Council on Office Safety.
- Click here to view the movie of "開工大吉" (Window Media Player Format).
- A brief introduction (PDF Format) to the movie is also available for download here (Chinese only).
- A CD-ROM (bilingual) namely "Occupational Safety and Health Tool Kit" providing step by step guidance and useful applications like accident reporting and safety audit for departments to implement the Safety Management System.
- Click the following icons to see the sample screens of the materials and applications in the CD-ROM:
- A user manual giving a concise introduction of the Safety Management System and serving as a quick guide to the CD-ROM mentioned above.
- Click here to download the Manual (PDF format) (for government internal access).
- Click here to download the poster on promoting Safety Management System.