Civil Service Code
With the further development of the Political Appointment System, a Civil Service Code ("the Code") has been drawn up to set out the core values and standards of conduct which civil servants are expected to uphold, and the framework within which civil servants are expected to work with politically appointed officials under the expanded Political Appointment System.
The Code was promulgated to all staff via a CSB Circular on 9 September 2009. You may click here to download the full version of the Code or click the following links to browse individual section of the Code.
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Core Values
- Section 3 - Standards of Conduct
- Section 4 - Authority for the Management of the Civil Service
- Section 5 - Role and Responsibilities of Civil Servants in relation to Politically Appointed Officials
- Section 6 - Relationship between Civil Servants and Politically Appointed Officials
- Section 7 - Communication, Complaint and Redress Mechanism