Guidance Notes for Telephone Booking of Government Holiday Bungalows at Cheung Sha and Tai Mei Tuk by Pensioners
How to apply
1. Telephone booking, accepted on a first-come-first-served basis, should be made to the Quartering Office of the Civil Service Bureau at 2810 3935, starting from the 20th day in the month preceding the intended period of use (e.g. for occupancy in August, telephone bookings are accepted starting from 20 July). Applications for use of bungalows exceeding three days will normally not be accepted.
2. Successful applicants have to complete an application form which is obtainable from the Quartering Office at 8/F, West Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong. Applicants who come in person to collect the form from Quartering Office should bring along their pensioners' cards or other supporting documents. Applicants can apply for use of the bungalows only once a month.
3. The daily charge per bungalow is $155 (w.e.f. 1 January 1998).
Payment of charges
4. A Demand Note will be issued to the successful applicant. The receipted demand note has to be presented when checking into the bungalow.
5. Once allocation is made, no withdrawal of application will be accepted and the rental charges will not be refunded except for the reasons arising from para. 6 below.
Closure of holiday bungalows
6. Holiday bungalows at Cheung Sha and Tai Mei Tuk will be closed when Typhoon Signal No. 3 or higher is issued or when Rainstorm Black Warning Signal is in force. Refunds of rental charges will be made to those applicants whose visits are cancelled, or shortened, as a result of the closure. Refund will be made by crossed cheque.
7. The check-in time for bungalows at Cheung Sha or Tai Mei Tuk is from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm and the check-out-time is from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon.
8. Accommodation facilities in the holiday bungalows are as follows:Guidance Notes for Telephone Booking of Government Holiday Bungalows at Cheung Sha and Tai Mei Tuk by Pensioners
|House No.||No. of Bedroom||No. of Beds||No. of Bathroom||No. of Lavatory||No. of Parking Space for Saloon Car|
|Cheung Sha 6,8,9 (Lantau)||3||5||1||1||0|
|Tai Mei Tuk 5 (Taipo)||3||6||2||1||1|
|Tai Mei Tuk 7 (Taipo)||3||6||2||0||1|
|Tai Mei Tuk 8 (Taipo)||2||4||2||0||1|
|Tai Mei Tuk 9 (Taipo)||3||5||1||0||1|
The facilities will be adequate for eight persons to enjoy their stay. Air-conditioners, TV set, DVD Player, telephone and a fully equipped kitchen are provided. Games of Chinese billiard, Chinese chess and a badminton set will also be provided.
9. Pets are not allowed.
10. Any telephone enquiries should be addressed to the Quartering Office at 2810 3935.
(When dollars are quoted in this homepage, they are Hong Kong dollars. About HK$7.8 = US$1.)