Executive Officer Grade
2020-21 Recruitment Exercise Timeline
|| Period / Date Note 2
|Application Period for the Executive Officer II (EOII) Post Note 1
||Application closed on 9 October 2020
|Joint Administrative Officer / Executive Officer / Trade Officer / Transport Officer Recruitment Examination (JRE)
||5 December 2020
||February to May 2021
|Earliest Batch of Offers of Appointments (subject to clearance of all recruitment formalities)
||End of April 2021
- Applicants are required to have obtained Level 2 in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English), or equivalent results, and a Pass in the Aptitude Test in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) as part of the entry requirements for the EOII post. Besides, result of the Basic Law Test (Degree / Professional Grades) (BLT) will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate's overall assessment.
- Common Recruitment Examination and Basic Law Test (Degree / Professional Grades) (CRE and BLT)
Candidates who have submitted applications may sit the CRE and BLT scheduled as follows:
| Location and Dates of Examination
|| Application Period
|Hong Kong, 10 and 17 October 2020
|| Application closed on 20 August 2020
|Designated cities outside Hong Kong, 5 December 2020
|| Application closed on 9 October 2020
For more details about CRE and BLT, please click here.
Joint Administrative Officer / Executive Officer / Trade Officer / Transport Officer Recruitment Examination Note 2
The recruitment examination aims to assess applicants' analytical and written communication abilities. The examination lasts for three hours. Candidates should complete two questions in the examination. The format of the two questions are depicted in the following:
Question 1 is a task set against a case background. Candidates can draw on materials from the case background when attempting the task. Candidates are expected to provide practical and innovative solutions on the basis of good understanding and independent analysis of the issues presented in the question. Mere reproduction of background materials indiscriminately in content and language will not earn any marks.
Based on the case background provided, candidates should complete the task question in English. Below is a sample task question:
You work in the Ministry of Welfare of the Government of the City of Jade. You have been tasked to draft an internal discussion paper on the provision of mental health services, in which you should
- set out two major problems facing the setting up of integrated centres for mental health and explain the implication of the identified issues; and
- recommend feasible measures to address the major problems identified.
Please draft the paper in English
Question 2 is a question on a specific social or policy issue in Hong Kong. Candidates should answer this question with their own views and provide justifications for their stance.
Based on the brief background information provided, candidates should complete the task question in Chinese. Below is a sample task question:
有 意 見 認 為 ， 香 港 素 有 「 美 食 天 堂 」 之 稱 ， 有 條 件 推 動 「 大 牌 檔 」 文 化 的 發 展 ， 因 此 建 議 政 府 應 在 市 區 尋 覓 適 合 的 地 段 ， 發 展 新 的 「 大 牌 檔 」 攤 檔 。 事 實 上 ， 鄰 近 地 區 亦 有 不 少 類 似 的 成 功 經 驗 。
請 分 析 上 述 建 議 有 何 利 弊 ， 表 明 你 是 支 持 抑 或 反 對 有 關 建 議 ， 並 就 你 的 立 場 提 出 理 據 。 如 果 是 贊 成 的 話 ， 請 提 出 建 議 ， 確 保 方 案 可 有 效 達 致 其 政 策 目 的 ； 如 果 是 反 對 的 話 ， 請 提 出 其 他 推 動 香 港 成 為 「 美 食 天 堂 」 的 措 施 。
請 用 中 文 作 答 。
- Selection Interview Note 2
The selection interview for EOII will last for about 30 minutes. Each candidate will be interviewed by a 3-member panel in both Cantonese and English.
The information on timeline and selection methods is for reference only.