Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Civil Service Bureau
To foster a dynamic, visionary and knowledge-based Civil Service, which delivers quality service to the community through a clean, trusted, respectable and fulfilled workforce.
- Develop talented civil servants by providing them training and career advancement opportunities.
- Foster the trust and positive thinking from the public towards the government through the provision of quality service and maintenance of good communication with them.
- Reinforce the highest standard of integrity through education and enforcement of rules.
- Foster an enabling work environment where staff are empowered to act and contribute.
- Implement the most effective human resource management practices to nurture an efficient and fulfilled workforce.
- Reinforce a performance-driven work culture, reward initiative-taking and continuous improvement.
- Cultivate a strong service culture, with staff taking ownership and pride in their work.
- Build skills capability through effective training initiatives and facilitating a learning culture.
||Eliminate marginal or unnecessary work, rules/procedures, levels of vetting/approval. Empower and delegate wherever possible. Work smart, not harder.
|Positive thinking -
||In the face of uncertainty and adversity, persevere and take initiative to address issues. Take criticism in stride.
||Maintain a motivating and supportive relationship with staff. Give recognition where merited. Where rules apply, give equal and fair consideration to all.
||Share information, resources and capability with internal partners, to achieve common goals.
||Continuously acquire new knowledge. Consciously learn from experience and improve.